What is Sports Premium Grant?
The Government has provided £150 million additional funding to primary schools to improve the provision of physical education and sports. Schools will receive £8,000 plus £5 per pupil.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objective:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of P.E. and sport in primary schools.
An important emphasis is that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision below, that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding:
All pupils will leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle adn lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active liefstyles
- The profile of P.E. and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- In creased confidence, knowledge adn skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Please see the attachments below for more specific information regarding Sports Premium expenditure at Binbrook C of E Primary School.